Bio - Jo-Ann D'Alfonso
Jo-Ann’s sensitive approach is rooted in deep respect for the intelligence of the body-mind connection and the human capacity for inner guidance. Jo-Ann brings to all of her work an energetic and uplifting style, personal conviction, passion, and easy way of communicating with students and clients. She has helped to organize international yoga conferences while serving as Director of the annual Atlantic Yoga Conference and Co-Director of the Atlantic Yoga Teacher Training School (AYTT) in Nova Scotia. She also operated a retreat centre, yoga studio, and yoga therapy clinic on Nova Scotia’s south shore before moving to Ottawa in 2011. She continues her practice now in Ottawa. She has studied and has been inspired by esteemed teachers, including Don (Brahmanand) Stapleton and Amba, Jody Myer, Doug Keller, Todd Norian, Jnani Chapman, Yoganand Michael Carroll, Amy Weintraub, Shiva Rae, Shahar Rabi and more.
As Yoga Educator/Therapist and Yoga Coach, Jo-Ann D’Alfonso has been a leader in the wellness and lifestyle sectors for over 25 years. Her extensive training in the field of yoga includes and not limited to:
- CIPP certified in Positive Psychology with the WholeBeing Institute
- Nosara Yoga Educator/Therapist Training for Master Certification
- Integrative health therapy with Heaven Institute
- LifeForce Yoga® Practitioner Training for Depression and Anxiety
- Self-Awakening Yoga (mind body energetic practice)
- Pranassage (energetic bodywork)
- Postural analysis and structural alignment
- Pranayama (advanced) breathing practices
- Yoga Lifestyle Coaching based on the 8 limbs of yoga from Pantajali
Jo-Ann is certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher and Nosara Yoga Institute Educator with more then 20 years of yoga practice. She is also a Registered Yoga Therapist registered with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). She is also registered with the AQTN association and can provide receipts for most insurance companies.